The estimated number of joints in the adult human body is between 250 and 350.…
Emergency colic surgery is commonly performed to correct a variety of abdominal problems in horses that don’t respond to standard medical treatment. Horses may have severe feed or sand impactions, twisted bowel, enterolithes and many other intestinal problems that require surgery for correction.
Light therapy can help to treat wounds post-operatively to get horses back into their stride faster and more painlessly
How will light therapy help treat post-operative wounds in horses?
Red and infrared light therapy is an effective and safe remedy for helping to reduce the pain and inflammation commonly associated with wounds. It can penetrate deep through the layers of the skin and because it enhances and improves circulation in the skin and other parts of the body, it can bring oxygen and nutrients to injured tissues, promoting healing. It helps ease pain, relieve inflammation, and protect against oxidative stress.
Some of the benefits of using Photizo Vetcare light therapy to treat post-operative wounds in horses include:
- It is safe, natural, non-invasive, and painless
- It increases microcirculation and formation of new capillaries.
- The wound area receives more oxygen and nutrients to help with the natural wound healing process.
- Promotes lymph system activity – this helps with detoxification of the wound without overtaxing the lymph system and prevents lymphoedema.
- Cleans up dead cells: boosted blood circulation helps with cleaning up dead or damaged cells, including dead bacteria.
- Promotes collagen and elastin production in the final wound healing phases.
- Helps to release ATP (raw cellular energy) which gives energy to the damaged cells in the wound so they can heal better and faster.