Endothelial cells line the inside of every blood vessel in the body. They form a…
It happens to everybody – our bodies age as the years pass. While we cannot completely reverse the march of time, we can help to minimise its effects on our skin. Light therapy is a great way to tackle the fine lines, wrinkles and dark marks typically associated with aging.
The focus with light therapy is to increase the body’s ability to heal itself and bring higher levels of natural oxygen into the skin. When the skin is able to hold more oxygen, it will begin to produce better levels of collagen and elastin, which in turn will help to reduce lines and wrinkles.
How will light therapy help to minimise the effects of skin aging?
After the age of 25, we gradually start to lose the ability to make collagen, so our skin begins to show the signs of aging. Collagen is created by fibroblast cells that use amino acids and other minerals and vitamins to create new collagen protein.
The process of creating new collagen protein requires a lot of energy. The energy comes from the mitochondria, which is part of the cell. Light therapy helps to strengthen the mitochondria in cells.
The molecule in cells that carries energy is called ATP (adenosine triphosphate) and when cells have more ATP, they will function better and be better able to repair any ‘damage’ to the skin such as wrinkles fine lines and dark spots.
Light therapy will help to:
- Increase energy levels by promoting the release of ATP from our cells’ mitochondria
- Stimulate DNA/RNA synthesis
- Activate the lymphatic system, an important part of our immune system that helps carry waste out of the body
- Increase blood flow/circulation, thereby helping bring more oxygen and nutrients to our cells and tissues
- Form new capillaries (small blood vessels)
- Improve natural production of collagen and fibroblasts, important for skin care
- Repair and restore damaged soft connective tissue
- Lower the effects of oxidative stress/free radical damage.
This Post Has 0 Comments