WHAT CAN I TREAT WITH THE PHOTIZO® SINUS?
The Photizo® Sinus offers a complimentary, non-invasive treatment option for use in sinusitis, earache, sore throat/laryngitis, inflamed vocal cords, rhinitis/rhinopathy (nasal mucus membrane inflammation), tonsillitis, toothache, and other specified conditions.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I EXPERIENCE SINUSITIS?
- Acute sinusitis is usually caused by a bacterial or viral infection, or allergic reactions. Commonly, acute sinusitis last up to 2 weeks.
- Classical symptoms are blocked sinuses and even pain and fever in the case of infection. The mucus membranes become swollen, and excess mucus is produced. The swelling of the membranes cause the blockage of the drainage ports, mucus build-up takes place, and pain is experienced over the sinus cavities, teeth and/or ears and may result in headaches.
- As soon as the body fights the infection, the inflammatory process in the mucus membranes subside, drainage of the sinus cavities takes place and the condition is healed.
- Chronic Sinusitis usually last a month or longer. The healing process of your body was insufficient, and the condition prevails. Chronic mucus membranes become thickened, with restricted blood supply to the mucus membranes and over-production of mucus. Infection may be present.
- Symptoms of chronic sinusitis are blocked sinuses, chronic pain, and persistent low-grade fever. Because the sinuses are blocked, drainage is slow, and a postnasal drip may be present. Bacteria and viruses grow in mucus, and this is the cause of ongoing infection. You may experience sore ears, sore throat, toothache or even headaches.
HOW DOES THE PHOTIZO® SINUS ASSIST IN ALLEVIATING SINUSITIS?
The Photizo® Sinus will alleviate pain and swelling of the mucus membranes that causes the blockage of the drainage of mucus. Drainage is increased, and the pressure inside the sinus cavities reduced, resulting in pain relief. Blood supply to the mucus membranes are improved, ensuring oxygen and nutrient uptake and clearing of waste products.
The Photizo® Sinus also stimulates the local immune system in order for the body to fight the infection when present, and stimulates the blood flow to the mucus membranes that results in the healing of the membranes. When the membranes are healed, normal mucus production resumes.
o Wavelengths : 633nm red, 850nm infrared
o Coverage : 4.7cm2
o Power output : 1 300mW